- No waiting list
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Designed for busy, working nurses
- Accredited by the CCNE
- Offered online
The Master of Science in Nursing program through Spring Arbor University is offered online and presents three new programs designed to provide nurses with greater opportunities in today’s health care environment. Graduate-level education opens doors in diverse fields including management/administration, nursing education, and advanced clinical practice. Provided within the framework of an interactive, online community, students come together with faculty and fellow nurses in a one-week, three-credit hour residency each academic year on the main campus in Spring Arbor, Mich.
Online courses at SAU Online allow students to juggle the demands of work and family, while participating in academically robust courses in their focus area.
The Master of Science in Nursing program at Spring Arbor University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791.
The dual programs empower graduates to advance in one of three areas:
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master in Business Administration (MSN/MBA) – To advance in administration, nurses require business knowledge and administrative skills. This dual master’s degree empowers graduates with both professional nursing and administrative competencies necessary to enhance a career in health care. This 62-credit, three-year program that leads to two separate degrees and includes a living case study: final thesis.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Education (MSN/Edu) – Even though demand for nurses is on the rise, the number of qualified faculty to teach nursing is decreasing. A degree in nursing and education opens up opportunities in academic and professional training venues. Delivered online with an adjunct teaching practicum alongside an experienced faculty member in your area, this two-year 38-credit-hour program awards maximum flexibility with self-directed study, as well as hands-on, real-world experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner (MSN/NP) –New health care legislation and an increased emphasis on access to primary care have increased the need for nurse practitioners in our country. Nurse practitioners collaborate with physicians in hospitals, physicians’ offices, nursing care facilities, schools and clinics. Our online MSN/NP Adult gerontology, primary care certification track is a transformative journey that will ignite your passion and give you the wisdom to bring your best self to your practice. You will have direct access to dedicated educators who are known for their active involvement in improving nursing care.
In addition to the online courses, students will participate in one-week residencies at the start of every academic year. The residencies provide the opportunity to build a community of learners by meeting fellow students and faculty, while establishing a university presence. An on-campus residency affords an opportunity for face-to-face instruction, hands-on technology training sessions, and interaction with faculty and fellow students. The residency is designed to provide personalized learning opportunities that prepare students for successful online interaction and clinical or practicum experiences.
Students in the SAU Online MSN programs are exposed to the most current online pedagogies and latest research methodologies. A research-based practicum, living case study, or preceptored clinical practice provides practical application within the students’ respective communities.
Tuition and Fees
Fees for special materials may be required for some courses. Payment of tuition and fees is due three weeks before classes start. All fees are nonrefundable.
- MSN Courses, 60 credits: $603 per credit
- Application Fee: $30
- Registration Fee (per semester): $40
- Technology Fee (per semester): $105 (full-time), $53 (part-time)
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.
If you have questions or want to meet with an admissions representative, call 800.968.0011.