Spring Arbor University Community,
Today we were notified of an SAU employee who tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). This is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Spring Arbor University community. The following e-mail outlines the information we can share with you while maintaining confidentiality afforded through HIPAA and EEOC guidelines.
The community member who tested positive was on the Spring Arbor campus and potentially contagious March 10-12. We will be contacting individuals who had contact with this community member between March 10-12; however, we understand it may be difficult to identify everyone with whom this person came in contact. Along with this, it is important to note that starting on March 9, we began increasing our cleaning and disinfecting process for all campus buildings to meet the CDC standards. Please continue to pray for the health of this employee, their family and for our full community.
In the last 3 weeks, we have taken significant measures to minimize the spread of the coronavirus on our campuses. However, we know it is possible for our campus community to continue to be directly impacted by this illness. Therefore, in addition to abiding by the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” policy laid out by Michigan’s governor, we ask that you continue to wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, leave only for essential needs, and when you do go out, maintain social distancing of at least six feet from other people.
Thank you for your continued diligence to the many changes that have been put in place this semester. We appreciate each of you and the efforts made to help us care for our campuses, sites, and the surrounding community well.
If you have any questions regarding this situation, please e-mail email@example.com.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS OR EXPOSURE:
Please follow the following instructions to help us track this illness.
- If you or a person in your home has been asked to quarantine due to COVID-19 by a medical professional or health department, please notify HR at SpringArbor.HR@arbor.edu.
- If you or a person in your home is self-isolating due to potential exposure of COVID-19, please notify HR atSpringArbor.HR@arbor.edu.
- If you are ill with COVID-19, make sure you stay home until cleared or confirmation can occur (if possible). In either case, please notify HR at SpringArbor.HR@arbor.edu.
If you (1) are showing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, and body aches), (2) have been exposed to someone who may have COVID-19, or (3) have reason to believe you are at risk:
- E-mail (only): firstname.lastname@example.org to address your concern.
- Please identify a location for testing near you. Henry Ford Allegiance is now offering testing at One Jackson Square, 100 E. Michigan Ave, Jackson, Michigan.
- Next, you need to notify email@example.com that you are being tested, the date of the testing and the expected result date. Following your test, we are asking that you leave campus and go home until your test has come back as negative. If you are not able to go home, please contact your RD (via phone or email) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CDC recommends not going to any health center initially, but e-mailing, calling and/or scheduling a virtual appointment with your healthcare provider. For all updates regarding this situation, please reviewwww.arbor.edu/coronavirus as this is the most up-to-date space for communication. If you have any general questions about SAU’s plans and responses to the Coronavirus outbreak, please email email@example.com.