The Associate of Science in Business degree, offered through the Gainey School of Business, allows students to begin pursuing their personal, professional and educational goals. The program is designed with a business focus for pre-professionals in the field who currently lack formal education. The program will also prepare students for further education in business-related bachelor’s degree programs.
By choosing to earn your associate degree from Spring Arbor University you’re choosing:
- Classes designed to fit your schedule: A blended format allows you to consistently keep your other life commitments.
- Interactive learning: Spring Arbor University’s emphasis on a liberal arts education means your computer won’t be your only teacher. You will also learn from your professors and your classmates.
- A fast track to graduation: The Associate of Science in Business degree can be completed in as few as five semesters.
- Service and convenience: Advisors help you plan for classes. You never wait in line for registration. Parking is convenient. Spring Arbor University helps you with all the details, large and small.
- Credit for prior learning: Once you are enrolled, credit may be earned for documenting college-level learning from professional training or personal life experiences.
- An education grounded in faith: Our Christian commitment means that questions of ethics, religion and faith are welcomed as an essential part of a meaningful education.
- A history of excellence: Founded in 1873, Spring Arbor University began Michigan’s first adult studies programs in the early 1980s. Since that time, we’ve helped thousands of working adults, like you, ignite their futures.
In short, Spring Arbor University’s associate degree allows you to make the most of your time, your money, your career and your life.
Locations and Start Dates
The Associate of Science in Business degree is offered at several sites across Michigan and online. Click on the location nearest you to see when the next cohort is scheduled to begin. Apply now!
- Battle Creek | October 23, 2018
- Flint | October 23, 2018 | March 7, 2019
- Jackson (downtown) | May 1, 2018 | October 23, 2018 | March 7, 2019
- Kalamazoo | October 23, 2018
- Lansing | October 23, 2018 | March 19, 2019
- Metro Detroit | October 23, 2018 | March 19, 2019
Courses and Program Requirements
The 62-hour associate of science in business degree requires that students develop specific professional skills by taking courses in:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Communication Skills
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
View the program requirements and layout, course descriptions, and to learn more about the Associate of Science in Business program at Spring Arbor University in the undergraduate course catalog.
Admission requirements for the Associate of Science in Business degree program are as follows:
- Fill out the online application (written also available).
- An official high school transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (on a four-point scale) or a GED diploma with an equivalent score of 50. Students transferring in with 12 semester hours or more must present an official transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.0. (Must be the official transcript issued by the institution).
- Two years of post high school work experience.
- Students whose native language is not English must achieve the Spring Arbor University standards for the TOEFL exam of 197.
- Photo ID required
Spring Arbor University reserves the right to require additional information from a student who shows evidence of inadequate preparation for college-level studies.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition per credit, campus-based: $384
- Tuition per credit, online: $343
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $105
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.
For more information, please contact an admissions rep at email@example.com or call 1.800.968.0011.