The Bachelor of Science in Business, offered through the Gainey School of Business, program provides a broad range of educational preparation for careers in business or preparation for graduate study. The degree seeks to balance professional preparation with a liberal arts education and quantitative skills with the application of business theory to the workplace. The Bachelor of Science in Business degree will be conferred upon successful completion of all graduation requirements.
- Business: Manufacturing, retail, health, consulting, accounting, sales, administration, and banking.
- Service Agencies: Law enforcement, health services, corrections, community health organizations, religious organizations, fire departments.
Program Strengths and Emphases
The business program emphasizes a breadth of practical work skills and theoretical knowledge designed to meet the needs of the student seeking a general business background.
Study in this major exposes the student to:
- The diverse elements involved in effective business operations;
- The practical application of skills and theories in the classroom through a field-based research project; and
- The evaluation of issues and concepts central to the practice of business through the perspectives of historical, Biblical and ethical standards.
Courses and Program Requirements
The 47-hour accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business degree requires that students develop specific professional skills by taking courses in:
- Adult Development & Life Planning
- Critical Analysis & Research Writing
- Principles of Applied Management
- Fundamentals of Business Accounting
- Microeconomic Applications for Managers
- Business Law
- Statistical Methods
- Management of Applied Financial Resources
- Biblical Perspectives
- Business Information Systems
- Human Resource Management & Supervision
- Fundamentals of Business Marketing
- Global Competitive Strategy
- Business Proposal Development
- Values: Personal & Social
View the program requirements and layout, course descriptions, and to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Business program at Spring Arbor University in the course catalog.
Locations and Start Dates
The bachelor’s in business is offered at several extension sites across Michigan and online. Click on the location nearest you to see when the next cohort is scheduled to begin. Apply now!
- Battle Creek | Starts March 14, 2018
- Jackson (downtown) | Starts March 13, 2018
- Kalamazoo | Starts March 15, 2018
- Lansing | please contact your admissions representative for more information
Admission into the Bachelor of Science in Business program requires:
- Prior completion of 58 semester hours
- Attendance at an information meeting
- Application: online or written
- Demonstration of computer proficiency
- Autobiographical outline
- Writing sample
- Official transcripts from each college you’ve attended (must be official transcripts issued by the institution).
If you have questions or want to meet with a program representative, call 800.968.0011.
We also offer an Associate of Science in Business program that is designed to help you earn enough credits to enter our accelerated bachelor’s degree programs.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition per credit (campus-based and online): $565
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $105
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.