RN-BSN Fast Facts
Credit Hours: 38
Tuition Per Credit Hour: $545
Estimated Completion: About 20 months
The RN-BSN is offered in a blended format, both on site and online.
The RN-BSN program at Spring Arbor University will help you acquire clinical, analytical and professional skills that will equip you to continue in your career journey, while also allowing you the flexibility to continue practicing nursing in your day to day life. This program provides new meaning to the idea of being a Christian caregiver as you will be challenged to pursue the core values of nursing. When you graduate, you will find yourself fully prepared as a caregiver to meet al the needs of your patients; physical and spiritual.
In addition to bedside care, nurses with a bachelor’s degree can go on to work as charge nurses and registered nurse supervisors. Many nurses with a BSN continue on to earn their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
To view the program requirements and layout, course descriptions, and to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Spring Arbor University, download the Nursing catalog, in the undergraduate catalog.
Locations and Start Dates
The RN to bachelor’s nursing program is offered at several sites across Michigan. Click on the location nearest you to see when the next cohort is scheduled to begin.
- Battle Creek | Starts September 2017
- Gaylord | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Grand Rapids | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Jackson (downtown) | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Kalamazoo | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Lansing | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Metro Toledo | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Online | Starts August 24, 2015
- Traverse City | please contact your admissions representative for more information
To qualify for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, nurses must complete all admission requirements and have the following:
- 58 transferable semester hours
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all prior college work
- At least one year of experience as a registered nurse preferred
- An associate degree from an accredited school or a diploma from a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited school
- A photocopy of an unrestricted and unencumbered RN license from the state or country in which you are practicing (license must be kept current throughout the program)
- Demonstrated computer literacy
Credit hours can be earned through testing, CEUs, and approved courses taken at other accredited institutions.
Additional admission requirements include:
- Fill out the online or written application
- Submit an autobiographical outline
- Submit a writing sample
- Send us your transcripts from each college you have attended (must be official transcripts issued by the institution)
If you have questions or want to meet with a program representative, call 800.968.0011.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition per credit hour: $545
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $105
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.
For more information please contact an admissions rep at email@example.com or call 1.800.968.0011.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program is accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036.
CCNE is the only national agency dedicated exclusively to the accreditation of bachelor’s and graduate degree nursing education programs. (AACN, 2001)
All degrees offered by Spring Arbor University are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle St., Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602.