Spring Arbor University

Admission Requirements for International Students

International students will need to meet the criteria designated for their graduate program as well as the following:

1. International students must submit:

  • Evidence of language proficiency where English is not the student’s native language. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – minimum scores: paper-based – 600; internet-based – 100. Or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum score: 7.0 with no band score below a 6.5).
  • Evidence of financial resources must also be provided.
  • Official transcripts of all coursework completed outside the United States must be submitted to an evaluation service for validation, course equivalency and/or degree. Acceptable evaluation services can be found at NACES (naces.org/members.htm). Preferred service is the World Education Service (WES) ICAP service (International Credential Advantage Package).

2. Complete the online application form at WES (wes.org/applyto begin your transcript evaluation request. Spring Arbor University’s code number is 1732. Do NOT pay for the WES evaluation to begin UNTIL you are certain that the required documentation (see below) arrived and was received by WES. You may check with WES via email or telephone using your name and account reference number.

3. Carefully follow WES instructions for submitting your documents. Requirements can vary by country. Required documents for individual countries are listed here wes.org/required/index.asp and an “academic transcript request form” is also found on that page. (Always use your full name and WES reference number.)

In most cases, you will need:

  • A photocopy of your college diploma(s) or certificate(s). You will mail this directly to WES*
  • Official transcripts issued by the institution(s) attended for all post-secondary programs of academic study. Request that your college mail your official transcript directly to WES, not yourself, for the evaluation.

*Check WES for proper postal mail address.

To send documents via postal mail, send them to:

World Education Services
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087

To send documents via express courier, send them to:

World Education Services
64 Beaver St., #146
New York, NY 10004

4. Transcripts NOT in English must first be translated into English. Then the translation company must send a ‘certified’ translation of your transcripts together with your original language transcripts directly to WES. (Always use your full name and WES reference number.)**This is a courier mail handling facility accepting DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. Documents should not be hand delivered.

**If another authorized document service within the U.S. already translated and authenticated your transcripts and diploma, please tell us the name of the company.

5. Obtain a visitor visa (if program requires a residency)

6. Tuition and fees must be paid in U.S. currency.

7. Provide evidence of medical insurance (if program requires residency).

Reminder – Be sure to select the WES ICAP (International Credential Advantage Package) option that stores your verified transcripts and WES evaluation report. Academic institutions receive a package that contains your evaluation report together with copies of the academic transcripts that are stored at WES. Your transcript and evaluation are ready to be sent in one comprehensive package to any educational institution, at any time, even many years later. Begin here at wes.org/students/icap.asp.