Credit Hours: 32
Tuition Per Credit Hour: $530
Estimated Completion: 2 years
“Our hope and prayer is that our graduate education programs help teachers to make a positive impact in the learning and dispositions of K-12 students, and feed their motivation to care for and inspire them.” – Reuben A. Rubio II, Ph.D., Interim Dean, School of Education
Immediately apply what you learn.
Under the guidance of SAU’s School of Education subject matter experts, you’ll enjoy an innovative curriculum that integrates educational theory, research and opportunities to immediately apply what you’re learning to your classroom. You will also gain a better understanding of how to integrate Christian values into your professional teaching role. More specific skills and knowledge include:
- An understanding of research, both qualitative and quantitative, and enacting action research within your own classroom.
- Implementing strategies to address diversity issues.
- Becoming more capable of creating a transformative curriculum that addresses diversity/equity using various voices
- Understanding the factors most likely to predict students at risk of dropping out and learning strategies to combat it.
- Analyzing the dynamics of teacher-student-family interactions.
- The understanding and application of various methods of assessment.
- Improving the use of technology for teaching and learning
As a student of this program, you’ll have direct access to dedicated educators who are known for their active involvement in improving the quality of teacher education. And, our caring staff will stand beside you every step of the way. They have all chosen to be at an institution that frees them to bring their faith perspective and experience into their work; so, you can expect to experience a rigorous and rewarding graduate experience within the context of integrating faith and learning.
Completion of this program open the door to advance in site-based educational leadership, such as positions in churches, private schools and other settings where a principal’s license is not required.
- Official transcripts from all institutions you’ve attended
- Evidence of an earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two years of your Bachelor’s program
- Contact information for two references
- Completed Preprogram Survey
- Teacher certification information
- Conviction disclosure
- Completed graduate application
Tuition and Fees
Fees for special materials may be required for some courses. Payment of tuition and fees is due three weeks before classes start. All fees are nonrefundable.
- Tuition per credit, campus-based: $530
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $105
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.