“The Gainey School of Business at Spring Arbor University is unique to any other college I’ve experienced. The business curriculum is centrally focused on ethics, leadership and practical business strategies to solve problems and promote growth within all stakeholders of an organization.” – Sherri Best, MBA
Business professionals who strive for a purpose higher than profit maximization achieve greater results. From small-business entrepreneurs to corporate executives on Wall Street, the people who make the most profound differences are those who stand on principles of service and positively impact people and communities by their actions. Developed and delivered by the faculty of the Gainey School of Business, SAU provides a unique experience for students to consider how their purpose-driven contributions may help restore the dignity of the business profession in today’s organizations.
Suited to fit you, our 36-credit MBA offers concentrations in management, organizational consulting, health care administration, human resources development or strategic leadership, and can be completed in less than 18 months. The accelerated MBA program is offered in a hybrid learning format. In the hybrid learning MBA model, regional campus students attend core curriculum classes one night a week at locations in Michigan and take concentration courses online. In the online learning model, the core curriculum and concentration courses are delivered entirely online. Students also have the opportunity to attend the International Business Summit, a four-day trip to New York City, one of the world’s leading financial centers.
The Gainey School of Business programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Locations and Start Dates
- Battle Creek please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Flint please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Gaylord please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Grand Rapids please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Jackson (downtown) please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Kalamazoo please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Lansing please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Metro Detroit please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Metro Toledo please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Petoskey please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Spring Arbor Campus please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Traverse City please contact your admissions representative for more information
= Our Virtual Classroom option combines online learning with face-to-face interaction. Study from home, like in an online program, while still engaging with your classmates face-to-face. Talk with your admissions representative to learn more.
5 Tailored MBA Concentrations
Develops management knowledge and skills necessary for healthcare professionals and builds business acumen required for effective healthcare leadership. The concentration courses focus on the complexities and trends in the healthcare industry by focusing on contemporary issues in healthcare administration, policy, economics, quality, and strategy in healthcare management.
Human Resource Development
Develops knowledge and skill necessary to leverage organizational human resources to improve individual performance and enhance organizational effectiveness. Strengthen skills in problem-solving, strategic thinking and critical analyses necessary for identifying and solving human related issues within an organization. Prepares students to promote employee and organizational growth through individual and organizational learning.
Develops skills necessary for effective traditional management in organizations. The concentration is designed for individuals interested in strengthening traditional business administration and management knowledge and skills.
Develops a strong foundation in assessing, researching, and finding possible solutions to personnel, group/team/work unit, and organizational problems. Develops requisite skills necessary for understanding, predicting, and influencing individual and group behavior in organizations as the foundation for leading effective organizational development and change initiatives. Organizational consultants apply behavioral science and organizational leadership principles in the work context to positively influence individuals, groups, and organizations
Prepared business professionals to predict and influence individual and group behavior through strategic leadership. The concentration is designed for organizational professionals already proficient in administrative management. Broadens knowledge and skills through strategic leadership, strategic planning, and advanced management focus.
Our 36-credit MBA program is an accelerated program, and our multidisciplinary approach to computer-mediated experiential learning allows you to earn your MBA in approximately 18 months.
No pre-requisites to begin
There are no pre-requisites to begin the MBA Program. Students will need to meet the admission standard to begin courses.
The following are requirements for admission into the MBA program. Admission must be approved prior to being considered for financial aid. Admission requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An overall 3.0 GPA for all undergraduate coursework
- An official transcript from the institution granting the bachelor’s degree
- At least two recommendations from professional/academic individuals
- A completed application.
- Approval by the MBA Admission Committee
Application materials that are not provided online or by email may be sent to:
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main St.
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
If you have questions or want to meet with an admissions representative, call 800.968.0011.
The MBA Program does not accept any transfer credit toward the 36 credit hours for the degree.
International students have other application criteria that must be met. Learn more about application requirements for international students.
Tuition and fees
Fees for special materials may be required for some courses. Payment of tuition and fees is due three weeks before classes start. All fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition per credit: $717
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $53 (part-time)/$105 (full-time)
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.
For more information, please contact an admissions rep at email@example.com or call 1.800.968.0011.