We hope you will join us as we explore Germany, Switzerland, and the many sites of the Reformation – as we celebrate the 500th anniversary since the Reformation movement began. This 11 day tour offers you the opportunity to experience , or re-experience, the cross cultural and faculty connection offered to our undergraduate students at Spring Arbor University!
Total cost: $2,950 per person
Round-trip airfare: Detroit to Berlin / Geneva to Detroit (Alternative cities of origin for your flights can likely be accommodated)
Ten nights of accommodation (guest houses will be in the 1-3 star range)
All train, subway, and bus fares
All entrance fees for planned tours (museums, sites, etc.)
This trip will allow many opportunities for hands on exploration throughout the various cities! A moderate amount of walking will be likely during numerous days of the trip.
- Berlin – 3 nights
- Erfurt – 2 nights
- Nuremberg – 2 nights
- Konstanz – 2 nights
- Geneva – 1 night
Tentative Trip Itinerary:
June 10: Departure flight to Germany
June 11: Arrive in Berlin
- Visit the German History Museum and discover items from Luther and his era.
- Explore the Museum Island and the Berlin Cathedral.
- Walk through the iconic symbol of Berlin, the Brandenburg Gate. Professor Correll will guide a short walking tour and share a bit of history about Berlin.
June 12: Visit Wittenberg
- Travel by train to Wittenberg.
- Walk to Luther’s “Castle Church,” where he posted the 95 theses.
- See the City Church and the Luther and the Melanchthon residences.
June 13: Berlin
- Explore the city museums, shopping, and restaurants.
- Professor Correll will continue a guided walking tour focused on the interests of the group.
- Professors Correll and Bowen can provide suggestions about the optional tours to individually visit places of historical significance.
June 14: Erfurt
June 15: Eisenach and the Wartburg Castle
June 16: Nuremberg
June 17: Nuremberg
- Attend Sunday service.
- Tour Nuremberg with Professor Correll or perhaps take an excursion by train to the medieval city of Rothenberg ob der Tauber.
June 18: Konstanz (Constance)
June 19: Zurich
- Travel by train to Zurich.
- Visit the home of Ulrich Zwingli, leader of the Swiss Revolution.
June 20: Geneva
- Travel by train to Geneva, home of John Calvin and the Reformation Wall.
June 21: Return to USA
- Departure flight from Geneva.
How to register and make initial deposits:
- Click here to register online (for online registrations, credit/debit will incur a 2.75% service charge; ACH transfers incur no fee)
- By phone – call Bekah Zraik in the alumni office at 517.750.6673
- By mail – send check to Spring Arbor University, Office of Alumni Relations, 106 E. Main St., Spring Arbor MI 49283
Make checks payable to Spring Arbor University and indicate Germany 2018 in the memo line.
Initial deposits of $1,475 per person are needed by Friday, December 8. With space being limited, RSVP right away to guarantee your spot. Families are welcome.