I have many years of teaching and counseling experience at the secondary and college levels with students diverse in age, ability and ethnicity in Detroit, Ann Arbor Spring Arbor, and Flint. I privately supervise and counsel individuals, couples, groups, families, children and adolescents in career, mental health wellness and personal concerns. I have provided monthly lectures and counseling to one hundred fifty inmates at the G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility in Jackson Michigan. I provide workshops regarding career education and adolescent developmental concerns. Every facet of my training and work has been with a diverse population, academically, socially or otherwise. I have provided student-teacher supervision for Eastern Michigan University, Wayne State University and Spring Arbor University.
- Ph.D: (Counseling/Psychology, Wayne State University) 2001
- Ed. Spec.: (College of Education, Wayne State University) 1999
- L.P.C.: (Board of Counseling, Professional Counselor) 1992
- M.Ed.: (Guidance & Counseling, Wayne State University) 1991
- B.A.: (Fine & Performing Arts, Music Education, Wayne State University) 1986
Awards & Honors