About the Program
Within the Gainey School of Business, the accounting program offers a four-year degree that prepares students for many entry-level accountant positions. Students completing the program will have the necessary educational requirements for the Certified Management Accounting (CMA), the Certified Internal Auditing (CIA) and the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) examinations.
Students will develop effective skills, including communication, logic, critical thinking and leadership, and demonstrate a strong intellectual capacity. Students are also encouraged to take additional courses in mathematics, especially calculus.
Why should you choose the accounting program?
- Our graduates consistently find meaningful employment in the accountancy profession within six months of graduation. We maintain strong relationships with regional CPA firms that believe in the quality of SAU graduates.
- In recent years, 95-100 percent job placement rates for accounting graduates were reported.
- Built on the foundation of a biblical worldview, our program stresses the importance of integrity, ethics and content knowledge.
- Our broad-based curriculum provides the best foundation for a student to excel in accountancy or other business-related fields.
- With our low student-to-faculty ratio, you’ll receive a personalized, quality education that makes learning easier and more stimulating.
- Students are well prepared to successfully pass the CPA exam.
Meet the Faculty
Etiquette Dinner (event) – As students look to graduation, they are invited to participate in the Etiquette Dinner that happens every February, where an expert leads students through a formal dinner, instructing them on the dos and don’ts of dining in a professional setting. This is a service offered through the career development office. See a full list of the various activities and organizations available to students at Spring Arbor University.