Inspire others as a leader.
The Master of Arts in Management and Organizational Leadership (MML) program prepares graduates to push for-profit and not-for-profit organizations forward. Designed to help students understand and live out the Spring Arbor University Concept through active participation as a working professional, the curriculum emphasizes current and emerging organizational leadership and management theories and best practices. Individuals who complete the MML program are eligible to teach at the collegiate level.
Programs within the Gainey School of Business programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
A program fit for you.
Suited to fit your schedule, this 36-credit hour program fosters a supportive classroom environment for adult learners from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. Rooted in Christ as the perspective for learning, the program assembles an ethical framework for management and leadership development within a competitive, global context.
Ready to get started?
Click to request more information about earning your M.A. in management and organizational leadership at SAU!Request Info
The MML program operates as a carousel model. This means that courses are offered every seven (7) weeks and students can begin the program at any time in the cycle. Upcoming classes start on the following dates:
Virtual Classroom Option
This option combines online learning with face-to-face interaction. Study from home, like in an online program, while still engaging with your classmates face-to-face. For more information, please contact your admissions representative.Virtual Classroom Video
Request more information, and an admissions representative will contact you as soon as possible.
MML program outcomes are categorized into six specific areas: critical thinking, decision making, effective communication, ethical perspective, leadership development, and problem-solving. Below is a sample list of careers:
- Corporate and nonprofit leadership
- Public sector and government employers
- Professor of management and/or leadership
- Multinational non-governmental organizations
- Communications and media
As an MML student, you will take courses that address the following areas (and more):
- MML 610 Leadership for Personal & Professional Success (4)
- MML 614 Foundations of Organizational Leadership (4)
- MML 619 Managing the Organization: Culture & Strategy Issues (4)
- MML 618 Organizational Behavior: Leading People (4)
- MML 622 Groups, Teams & Motivation: Leading Organizations (4)
- MML 650 Leadership Portfolio (2)
- MML 651 Management Capstone (2)
Find a complete list of MML courses in the graduate catalog.
Robert McTyre, Associate Professor of Organizational Management
Lori Gordan, Lead Faculty Member
Sharon Norris, Director of MML program
MML Admissions Requirements
In addition to meeting the general requirements for graduate admissions and submitting the online application, applicants to the Master’s in Management and Organizational Leadership program have the following additional requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A current resume
- 3.0 GPA for undergraduate coursework
- An official transcript from the institution granting the bachelor’s degree sent via email to SAUDOCS@arbor.edu or via USPS to:
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main St.
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
Attn: SAU Docs
- At least two professional/academic recommendations (form will be provided by admissions representative)
- Approval by the MML Admissions Committee
Our 36-credit MML program is an accelerated program, and our multidisciplinary approach to computer-mediated experiential learning allows you to earn your MA in approximately 18 months.
No Prerequisites to Begin
There are no prerequisites to begin the MML Program. Students will need to meet the admission standard to begin courses.
Graduate Tuition & Financial Aid
Spring Arbor University offers its graduate programs at competitive rates. Rates and fees differ for each program and are subject to change. View current tuition rates and fees for the MML program on our Graduate Tuition & Aid page. You can also learn more about applying to the MML program and obtaining financial aid on our Graduate Admissions & Aid page.