Classes start every seven weeks
Inspire others as a leader.
The Master of Management (MMGT) program prepares graduates to push for-profit and not-for-profit organizations forward. Designed to help students understand and live out the Spring Arbor University Concept through active participation as a working professional, the curriculum emphasizes current and emerging organizational leadership and management theories and best practices. Individuals who complete the MMGT program are eligible to teach at the collegiate level.
Programs within the Gainey School of Business programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Now Master of Management students can choose from three concentrations:
Executive Management, Cybersecurity & Data, and Executive Communication.
A program fit for you.
Suited to fit your schedule, this 32-credit hour program fosters a supportive classroom environment for adult learners from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. Rooted in Christ as the perspective for learning, the program assembles an ethical framework for management and leadership development within a competitive, global context.
SAU’s virtual cohort carousel provided a unique opportunity to learn from other students, share my knowledge, and build connections virtually. Your commitment at SAU is just a small contribution to the lifelong benefits you will receive from the program. You deserve great things, and I believe you’ll find them here.
Christine, Class of 2020
Ready to get started?
Click to request more information about earning your Master of Management degree at SAU!Request Info
The Master of Management program operates as a carousel model. This means that courses are offered every seven (7) weeks and students can begin the program at any time in the cycle.
Virtual Classroom Option
This option combines online learning with face-to-face interaction. Study from home, like in an online program, while still engaging with your classmates face-to-face. For more information, please contact your admissions representative or fill out a program inquiry form.Virtual Classroom Video
- Classes are offered every seven weeks.
Request more information, and an admissions representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Our Master of Management students will grow and develop the following skills during their program: critical thinking, decision making, effective communication, ethical perspective, leadership development, and problem-solving. Additionally, our three Master of Management concentrations allow our students to continue to hone their God-given gifts and skills in specific areas of interest.
Our Executive Management concentration focuses on developing and growing professionals to lead businesses and organizations at the highest leadership level:
- C-Suite and VP level positions
- Executive and regional directors
Cybersecurity & Data
IT leaders will excel with our Cybersecurity & Data concentration. Our students are equipped with the knowledge needed to be a critical thinker and leader in the cybersecurity industry:
- Director of Cybersecurity of Data Science
- Systems Engineer
- Global Technology Leader
The Executive Communication concentration is for leaders who want to specialize in intrapersonal and organizational communication, conflict management, and advanced listening:
- VP of Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
- Director of Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
As a Master of Management student, you will take courses that address the following areas (and more):
- Foundations of Organizational Leadership (4)
- Organizational Change Management (4)
- Managing the Organization: Culture and Strategy Issues (4)
- Groups, Teams and Motivation: Leading Organizations (4)
- Project Management for Leaders (4)
Choose one of the following 12-credit hour concentrations in conjunction:
- Data Privacy (4)
- Cloud Computing (4)
- Foundations of Big Data (4)
- Executive Communication
- Ethical Communication (4)
- Effective Listening and Feedback (4)
- Crisis and Conflict Management (4)
- Executive Management
- Leadership for Personal and Professional Success (4)
- Organizational Behavior: Leading People (4)
- Applied Managerial Research (4)
Find a complete list of MMGT courses in the graduate catalog.
Master of Management Admissions Requirements
In addition to meeting the general requirements for graduate admissions and submitting the online application, applicants to the Master of Management (MMGT) program have the following additional requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A current resume
- 3.0 GPA for undergraduate coursework (Exceptions will be considered with a letter of petition)
- An official transcript from the institution granting the bachelor’s degree sent via email to SAUDOCS@arbor.edu or via USPS to:
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main St.
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
Attn: SAU Docs
- At least two professional/academic recommendations (form will be provided by admissions representative)
- Approval by the MMGT Admissions Committee
Our 32-credit MMGT program is an accelerated program, and our multidisciplinary approach to computer-mediated experiential learning allows you to earn your M.A. in approximately 15 months.
No Prerequisites to Begin
There are no prerequisites to begin the MMGT program. Students will need to meet the admission standard to begin courses.
Graduate Tuition & Financial Aid
Spring Arbor University offers its graduate programs at competitive rates. Rates and fees differ for each program and are subject to change. View current tuition rates and fees for the MMGT program on our Graduate Tuition & Aid page. You can also learn more about applying to the MMGT program and obtaining financial aid on our Graduate Admissions & Aid page.