The Master of Social Work program prepares you to move forward in your profession as a social worker. You will continue to learn how to navigate complex conflicts and interactions as you work to help people in need. Our program will give you both the opportunity to enhance your skills through internships and the chance to deepen your understanding through our clinical micro-concentration.
Our MSW is a 60-credit hour program. A 30-credit hour MSW is available for students who qualify for the Advanced Standing Program.
We are now taking applications for the fall of 2018. Early application processing begins January 15, with the final deadline on March 1, 2018. The MSW is offered at the following sites:
- Grand Rapids | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Kalamazoo | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Lansing | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Metro Toledo | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Petoskey | please contact your admissions representative for more information
- Spring Arbor Campus | please contact your admissions representative for more information
For more information on cohort start dates and locations, please call 1.866.739.7511.
The MSW with a micro-concentration focuses on clinical orientation and prepares graduates for advanced social work practice with individuals, families and small groups.
Spring Arbor University’s social work programs help students grow as professionals who graduate with effective skills to impact communities in positive ways. Our graduates go out and empower families to change their quality of life. On a larger scale, our graduates have the ability and knowledge to influence policy and procedures.
MSW Course Descriptions, Concentrations and Learning Outcomes
Advanced Standing Program
To avoid duplication for BSW graduates, Spring Arbor University offers a 30-credit Advanced Standing Program (micro). In order to be considered for admission to the advanced standing program, students must have been granted a baccalaureate degree in social work from an undergraduate social work program that was accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), those programs recognized through its International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Service, or those programs covered under a memorandum of understanding with international social work accreditors. To be eligible for advanced standing, the applicant must have a BSW that has been granted within five years of enrollment in the SAU MSW program.
Tuition and Fees
Fees for special materials may be required for some courses. Payment of tuition and fees is due three weeks before classes start. All fees are nonrefundable.
- Tuition per credit, campus-based: $565
- Registration fee (per semester): $40
- Technology fee (per semester): $105
- Internship fee: $72
Tuition rates and fees are subject to change.