Skip to main content

Steps to Enroll

If you are planning a semester abroad, please attend a semester abroad workshop to get your enrollment packet. Submit your application materials at an individual appointment with Diane Kurtz in the CCS office.

Steps to Enroll*:

Print your Childhood Immunization Record: 

Get your official childhood immunization record from Holton Health and Wellness Services by emailing and requesting a copy of your immunization records. If the record does not say “Verified Complete” or is missing, contact Holton Health and Wellness Services (HHWS) by secure email: click on Message, New, and Faith Holton as the recipient. (HHWS hours: Mon 11am-4pm; Tue/Thu 10am-12pm, 1-4pm; closed Wed/Fri) You may also get your immunization record from your parents, doctor, or high school. These records can be faxed to the CCS office at 833-689-1558.

Travel photos for passports and visas (if applicable):

Have your travel photos taken and printed at the CCS office when you return to campus in the fall.  You will receive your passport photos at the time they are taken. Passports for 2024 trips are due June 1, 2023.

Passport or Passport Application:

Apply for your passport at most US Post Offices or county clerks’ offices before February by appointment. After you apply for your passport, bring the dated receipt to the CCS office to help you retain your spot on the program. Bring your signed passport to the CCS office to be photocopied by June 1 to keep your spot(Note: If your legal name will change before you travel due to marriage, please talk with the CCS office before applying for a passport.)

Passports were due November 1 for May 2023 trips, if students have not applied yet they should expedite the application.

Pay your $150 Study Away Fee:

Go to the “student” tab in MySAU, click on “make a payment” and pay by EFT, credit card, or transferring money from your student account. Print your receipt and include it with your enrollment forms. You can also pay by cash or check at the Business Office. Note: A service fee of 2.75% is charged for credit card transactions. Credit cards accepted are MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Visa. No service fee for EFT or check payment. Contact the business office at 517-750-6421 for more information.

Complete the CCS Application for Credit:

Sign it, take to the Business office in Dietzman Hall, and have a staff person sign your application to show your SAU student account is in good standing. (If your student account is not in good standing, make proper arrangements for your account by talking to your financial aid counselor or the Business office.) 

Fill out the Emergency and Medical Forms:

Complete all blanks and sign where designated. (If something is not applicable, please mark it “N/A” or write “none.”). If you do not have medical insurance, the CISI insurance will provide basic coverage.

Your best chance to obtain a spot on your first choice trip is to complete all the steps above PROMPTLY and submit your paperwork with the CCS office as EARLY as possible per the dates listed above.

*Although CCS accepts your paperwork, the Registrar’s Office enrolls students on CCS programs during registration in April according to your class standing and the date/time you submitted your packet to the CCS office. Being cleared to enroll does NOT guarantee you a spot on the CCS program of your first choice. If your first choice is full, the Registrar will enroll you on your second or third choice destination OR you can be placed on the waitlist of your first choice by designating “Waitlist as your second choice. If a spot becomes available, waitlisted students will be contacted by CCS to discuss whether they want to be added to the program. Students cannot be enrolled on one program and waitlisted on another.