Skip to main content

Earning Credits

If students do not have 58 credits in order to begin a degree-completion program OR they need extra credits to meet the 124 required credits for graduation, there are several options to help them earn credits. Please contact your Student Success Advisor for more information. 

Testing: CLEP (College Level Examination Program) / DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) / DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)

Distance Learning/Online: Earn college credit by taking online courses at SAU. Contact your Student Success Advisor for more information. SAU’s online undergraduate courses start at $384 per credit plus registration fees and books.

Outside Coursework: Students are able to transfer up to 84 credits. Some options include community college courses, or Please work with your Student Success Advisor to find courses you might take to satisfy SAU’s requirements.

Military: Students with military experience can submit a Joint Services Transcript in order to have credits evaluated. Find out more about transferring military credits.

Prior Learning: Once in a degree-completion program, students may be able to submit prior learning experience, including employment experience, training, certificates, etc. for credit evaluation. Please contact your Student Success Advisor for more information.