There are a number of different organizations that provide support to military personnel during and after their service. Check out a selection of these resources below.
Applying for just about any military education benefits requires you to use the eBenefits portal.
U.S Department of Veterans Affairs
Your first point of contact for information about the variety of benefits (healthcare, education, home financing, and more) is the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs.
Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency
Many services are also available to veterans from Michigan via the Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency.
Paying for College
As you think about paying for college, this Paying for College tool from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau could come in handy.
Below is a list of scholarship resources that may aid you in finding additional funding for your education:
- 47 Federal Assistance Grants and Services for Veterans
- Air Force Aid Society
- Air Force Association Spouse Scholarship
- American Legion Auxiliary Scholarship (Michigan Department) Memorial Scholarship
- American Legion of Michigan Scholarships
- American Patriot Scholarship Fund
- Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association (AFCEA) Educational Foundation
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance
- Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents
- Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Michigan National Guard Education Benefits
- Michigan Veterans Trust Fund Tuition Assistance Program
- Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund
- Navy League of the United States Scholarship Program
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- North American Military Scholarship
- Scholarships for Military Children
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation
- VFW Veterans Tribute Scholarship