All paperwork must be completed and reviewed before you are eligible to look for work on campus. The I-9 Form must be done in person at the Student Employment Office with “original” supporting documents presented for review at that time. Please make sure to review requirements before completing forms.
1. Application Form:
- All students are required to complete an application. If you desire, feel free to attach a résumé when you submit the paperwork to the Student Employment Office. Complete the student application with all available information and leave blank those areas that do not currently apply. Make sure to sign the application before you submit.
- International students cannot complete this paperwork ahead of time. Please wait until you have entered the United States and are attending class before registering with the Student Employment Office.
(Please read the above summary before printing out and completing the Student Employment Application [PDF]).
2. W-4 Form:
- In most cases, a student who is still being claimed as a dependent will claim “0” for Federal and State. We pay Federal and State taxes to Michigan or Ohio. If you are a resident of any of the reciprocal states (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota or Wisconsin) you may claim “99” for the state tax and no state taxes will be taken from your paycheck for Michigan, but you must complete the Statement of Residency in a Reciprocity State portion of the W-4. If you are a resident of any state that does not have a reciprocal agreement, you will be required to pay and file a state tax return on your Michigan income. An exemption of “0” is automatically used if not designated.
- Ohio residents must also provide their resident county and Public School District Name or Tax Number when completing the W-4.
- Verify if you live with the city limits (not the county) of any city listed.
The current form has been removed because the Federal Government has updated the Federal and State W-4 forms. Please feel free to drop by the Student Employment Office to get both W-4’s to complete your student paperwork.
3. Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form):
- This form must be presented and finalized in person at the Student Employment Office. Applicants must provide identification at the time they finalize the form. Only original documents are accepted for review (copies will be made at the time of completion). A list of the acceptable documents is provided in the attached PDF. At the time of finalizing the document in person with the Student Employment Office, you will complete Section 1 ONLY and your original identification documents – bring either:
- One unexpired item from List A – List A documents establish both identity and employment authorization and will require the need to only present one form of identification.
- One unexpired item from List B AND List C. List B establishes identity and List C establishes employment authorization.
The current form has been removed because the Federal Government has updated the I-9 forms. Please feel free to drop by the Student Employment Office to complete your I-9 for your student paperwork.
4. FERPA Confidentiality Statement:
- All employees sign confidentiality statements with Spring Arbor University to protect the privacy of SAU students. Signing this form is an acknowledgment that you will comply with the confidentiality guidelines of FERPA and the policies of SAU.
(Please read the above summary before printing out and signing the FERPA Confidentiality Statement [PDF])