The Role of the SAU Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is an administrative body at Spring Arbor University established to encourage ethical treatment of human subjects in research and to ensure that risks to subjects and potential gain of scientific knowledge are balanced and fair. The IRB is charged with the responsibility of reviewing, prior to its initiation, all research (whether funded or not) involving human participants to ensure it complies with acceptable practices and standards as according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Office for Human Research Protection (OHRP) federal regulations. The IRB has the authority to approve, disapprove, monitor, and require modifications in all research activities that fall within its jurisdiction as specified by both the federal regulations and institutional policy.
Are You Interested in Conducting Research at Spring Arbor University?
- If you are a faculty, staff or student of SAU, login to MySAU portal and find all required IRB documents under Academics.
- If you are not affiliated with SAU, please contact the IRB committee member designate in your area or Dr. Inna Molitoris (email@example.com), the IRB Chair.
School/Department/Program Designated Representatives:
- Dr. Inna Molitoris (firstname.lastname@example.org), IRB Chair, designate for Business and Education programs
- Dr. LuAnn Etcher (email@example.com), designate for Nursing programs
- Dr. Terry Darling (firstname.lastname@example.org), designate for the Psychology program
- Dr. Randy Baxter (email@example.com), designate for Social Work programs
- Dr. Beth Ulrich (firstname.lastname@example.org), designate for Health, Human Performance, and Recreation Department/Health and Exercise Science programs
- Dr. Michael Buratovich (email@example.com), designate for Biology programs
- Mrs. Sherri Hendrix, MBA (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ex-Officio
- Dr. David Anderson (email@example.com), External IRB member, Eastern Michigan University